- On February 9 Their Royal Highnesses visited Tarazona (Zaragoza) and inaugurated the beautifully restored Cathedral. After their visit and the media coverage of the event, the Tourism Office of Tarazona is overwhelmed with requests from hundreds of Spaniards to visit, there is not enough room for all of them.
- The Prince of Asturias, after being invited at the opening of the FITUR tourism fair, skied last weekend at Sierra Nevada in Granada(Andalusia)
- Last week a very flattering article was printed in the French Point de Vue magazine. The headline was “Letizia to the rescue of the Royal Family” and was the cover story. The article is now making the rounds in the Spanish press.
- Don Felipe visited the military base of ‘Zarco del Valle’ in El Pardo on February 13
- Doña Letizia had a working meeting with the Spanish Federation of Rare Diseases(FEDER) on February 14. There are three million people in Spain suffering from one of these Rare Diseases.
- Yesterday, on February 15, the Prince of Asturias, Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece since the day he turned 18 and swore allegiance to the King and the Constitution, visited the exhibition of the Order in the Carlos de Amberes Foundation.
- Isabel Sartorious, Don Felipe’s first girlfriend and current friend of the couple has published a book explaining her mother’s drug-addiction and her own personal life. She broaches her relationship with the Prince, denying that the King and Queen had any role in their separation and saying that the Royal Family was always exceptionally kind to her. It is known Isabel is friends with the Princess of Asturias and she praises Doña Letizia, calling her a very good friend and a source of support when she has needed. On this week’s Hola
- On February 16, the Prince and Princess of Asturias are opening the ARCOmadrid Contemporary Art Fair.
Photo: Point de Vue