- The Prince and Princess of Asturias paid a working visit to the United States in June and made a great impression on Time magazine news editor Howard Chua-Eoan, who wrote a lengthy article praising “The Poignance (and Royalty) of Spain’s Soft Power” (i.e., the Prince and Princess) Read the complete article at Time.com
- The London Olympics are upon us and we have a rough sketch of the Royal Family’s involvement. Her Majesty will travel next week to London where she’ll attend a reception for the Spanish athletes, a reception offered by Queen Elizabeth and the opening ceremony. The Prince and Princess of Asturias will attend various events in August and the closing ceremony. On Monday the Royal Family will receive the Olympic Team in the Royal Palace of El Pardo.
- The funeral of Don José Luis Hernández y Eraso, husband of Doña Alicia Moreno y Borbón, daughter of HRH Princess Teresa of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and the Marquess of Laula and Laserna, took place on the Church of the Holy Spirit in Madrid this past week. HRH the Infanta Doña Pilar with her daughter Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo y Borbón and her brother-in-law HE the Duke of Soria and Hernani attended. Photos.
- The Royal Household has confirmed that they are launching a (much needed) new website. El Mundo gave September as the date of the launch.
- The King paid a working visit to the Russian Federation at the invitation of President Putin.
- The Princess of Asturias attended a conference on rare diseases, the urea cycle disorders, on the 80th anniversary of the discovery of the urea cycle.
- The Prince of Asturias is spending the weekend at Palma de Mallorca: on Saturday morning he received the ministers of foreign affairs of the “Berlin Club” in audience at the Royal Palace of La Almudaina, he took part in the King’s Cup sailing race and delivered the King’s Cup awards in the evening.
- Queen Sofía will start the summer holidays in Marivent after the opening of the Olympic Games on July 27. Her Majesty will be accompanied by the Infanta Elena, the Infanta Cristina and their children. The King, the Prince and Princess of Asturias and the Infanta Leonor and the Infanta Sofía will start the holidays in Mallorca the first days of August.
- The Prince and Princess of Asturias will preside the annual meeting of the directors of Cervantes Institutes in Salamanca next week.
- Their Majesties will preside the oath of office of the new President of the Supreme Court and the new members of the Constitutional Court on Monday.