- Today, September 9, is Victoria Federica‘s 11th birthday.
- The Queen spent her last week of holidays in Mallorca, she was seen shopping in Palma before going back to Madrid, where she’ll retake her official duties next week.
- Victoria Federica started the school year in the “San Patricio” School in Madrid and her father, Jaime de Marichalar and her brother Felipe, who will study in Madrid after spending the last school year in a boarding school in Sussex, dropped her at the school.
- HRH the Infanta Elena has accepted the honorary presidency of the Great Anglo-Arabian week that will take place on September 16-18.
- The Prince and Princess of Asturias will attend a tribute to the victims of terrorism this Sunday to mark the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks. The event is organised by the USA Embassy in Spain and will be on the Juan Carlos I Park, Madrid.
- His Majesty the King, after a successful and quick surgery, has a long recovery ahead of him. He won’t be able to attend engagements outside the Palace for a while but don Juan Carlos is already back to work, having met with the president of the Government this week.
- Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia will close the Ist International Congress on Ethics and Tourism next Friday.
- King Juan Carlos signed on Tuesday a Royal Decree making His Royal Highness Prince Saud Bin Naif Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, former Saudi Arabia Ambassador to Spain, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic.
- Next Tuesday, September 13 marks the 50th anniversary of the announcement of the engagement of Prince Juan Carlos of Spain and Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark.